What is the collective noun for spiders?
Meaning of the above words:
Cluster: Cluster means a group of things, insects, or animals/A group of the same type that appear together.
Clutter: Clutter means a lot of objects in a state of being untidy, though it has no direct relation with a group you can use this to denote a group of spiders.
Venom: The poisonous liquid that some snakes and spiders produce when they bite.
Definition of spider:
What is the collective noun for butterflies?
The collective nouns for butterflies are:
You can use these words like,
- A swarm of butterflies.
- A rabble of butterflies.
- A rainbow of butterflies.
- A kaleidoscope of butterflies.
- A flight of butterflies.
- A flutter of butterflies.
- A wing of butterflies.
Meaning of these words:
Swarm: A group of insects moving together in the same direction. Like butterflies, bees etc.
Rabble: A group of insects or people.
Rainbow: Rainbow is a natural creation. But you can use it for butterflies because of lots of colorful butterflies creates a rainbow type of imagination.
Kaleidoscope: There is no direct relation of butterflies with this word. But kaleidoscope means a situation, pattern etc. containing a lot of different parts that are always changing. But you can use this with no hesitation.
Flight: A group of birds or insects flying together.
Flutter: To fly somewhere moving the wings quickly and lightly/When a birds or insects flutters its wings to move lightly and quickly up and down.
Wing: To fly somewhere.
Definition of Butterfly:
Some hand-picked collective nouns for you:
- Punctuation: 14 Punctuation Marks
- Direct and Indirect Speech: Definition and Explanation
- Prefix and Suffix: Definite Guide
- Subject-Verb Agreement: A Ultimate Guide
- Voice Change: Passive and Active Voice
- What is Word in English Grammar?
- Negation: Definition, Uses & Examples
- Number: Definition, Types, and Example
- Determiners: Definition, Types, and Examples
- Conditionals: Definition, Types, and Examples