A collective noun is the name of a group or collection of persons or things taken as a whole.
What is the Collective Noun for trees?
There are several Collective Nouns for trees and those are:
Let me show you the usage of the above mentioned Collective nouns in a sentence
- Forest can be used for a large area covered chiefly with trees and undergrowth
- Copse is referring to a small group of trees
- Orchard is only used for fruit trees like mango, apple trees
- Grove is for a small group of trees
- The stand is used for any kind of trees
- Spinney is used for a small area of trees
- We can use thicket for a group of bushes or small trees growing closely
- The clump is referring to a small group of things especially trees or plant
- The plantation is used for a large area of land that is planted with trees
Usages of each of those in a sentence
Forest: The forest of pine tree.
Copse: The copse of Crabapple.
Orchard: An apple orchard.
Grove: Lemon groves.
Stand: A stand of coconut tree.
Spinney: A spinney of cactus.
Thicket: A dense of thicket bamboo.
Clump: They planted trees in clumps around the house.
Plantation: A banana or coffee plantation
Explanation about tree